To build a bright future for people with disabilities by empowering individuals to achieve maximum personal growth and independence.
A private, non-profit organization, Morrison Center has empowered Maine residents of all ages and abilities for more than 60 years with world-class educational, training, and support services. We offer:
- Unwavering commitment to each individual’s needs
- Extensive therapeutic, habilitative, and recreational offerings
- Highly skilled team of educators, therapists, and direct care professionals
- Dedicated, full-time registered nurse on premises
- Specialization in medically complex individuals
Morrison Center has been serving the greater Portland area for more than 60 years. In fact, what is known as Morrison Center today began in 1951 when a group of interested individuals from the Westbrook Kiwanis formed an affiliation with Down East Cerebral Palsy Association.
Throughout the 1950’s, the program expanded from a Saturday afternoon playgroup to offering services several days a week. 60 years later, we’ve grown to an organization that offering a wide variety of programs and services five days a week. We also changed our name to honor Betty Morrison who essentially founded the Center and served as the Executive Director from 1962-1999! Morrison Center now serves adults and children of all ages and abilities through several different programs offered at locations throughout Southern Maine. .